What can you do to pull yourself out of a funk, aside from downing a fistful of mood stabilizers? When our hormones fluctuate like crazy, it can be very disconcerting to wake up in the morning and battle the blues. Especially when the blues seem to come out of nowhere. Everything seemed glorious the day before. And, then for some ungodly reason, you are faced with a new day where you have to restrain yourself from biting someone’s head off. And, that jerk that cuts you off on the highway, they better look out, right?! We all have days when we are just ready to pull our hair out. What’s a girl to do?
- Pull the covers over your head and stay in bed. I know, I know, we don’t always have that luxury. But I do hope sometime that you give yourself permission to do just that. The world won’t fall off its axis if you take a day for yourself.
- Take inventory of your diet and exercise. Are you eating well? Are you working out, not killing yourself, but enough to burn off some stress?
- Call a girlfriend. Sometimes talking it out is the best remedy. Bitch for 5, let it go. Have a laugh and a giggle.
- Are your hormones balanced? Ask your doc to check your progesterone level. For some women, progesterone acts as a calming hormone. It might help.
- Acceptance is the key. Feelings come and go. This too shall pass. These are not empty platitudes, but the facts of life, my dear.
How do you pull yourself out of a funk? Please leave a hot comment below. Your cool insight could be exactly what someone else needs to hear!